Introduction: Economic actors and policy makers in Kosova seek solutions to create new jobs and stimulate economic growth. So today there is a need of new and innovative companies, but many challenges still stand in their design and development.
Through this conference we want to contribute to:
* Identification of current and future players in the entrepreneurial ecosystem
* Highlight some of the barriers to the creation and development of new companies, and how to solve them
* Identifying steps that policymakers can take to develop the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the country
* Finding innovative ideas for collaboration between actors in the system, thus resulting in high-growth entrepreneurship
The topics for discussion will cover the general subject and promote the idea behind the original MOOC - Beyond Silicon Valley – Growing Entrepreneurship in Transitioning Economies, created and developed by the esteemed Professor Michael Goldberg.
The panel will discuss the topics:
* The role of business accelerators, business angels and philanthropy
* The role of the educational system and intermediary organizations
* Policies for promoting and strengthening of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Kosovo.
Proposed panelists are:
1. Prof. Michael Goldberg – Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, United States of America
2. Mr. Uranik Begu – Innovation Centre Kosovo
3. Mrs. Leonora Kusari – European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
4. Mr. Mergim Cahani – Gjirafa.com